Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Does Anyone Read BLOGS<Click Here
Snippets

Friday, December 17, 2010

Pamela Stephenson: (61) My Strictly Secret Diary

 

By Pamela Stephenson
Last updated at 12:55 AM on 18th December 2010

Tears. Battle wounds. And oh-so intimate moments with her toyboy partner. We asked Strictly’s supergran Pamela Stephenson to keep a diary of her six frenzied days before tonight’s final.

SUNDAY

I woke up at 4.30am, my body still surging with adrenaline, and couldn’t get back to sleep. Still can’t believe I got through to the finals of Strictly Come Dancing last night!

My husband Billy (Connolly) is jet- lagged, so he was up, too, banging the bathroom door as usual. His last words before he fell asleep were: ‘By the way, how’d you get to dance like that?’

‘I told you before,’ I muttered. ‘James!’

Supergran: Pamela Stephenson promises to turn up the raunch for Strictly Come Dancing's final

Supergran: Pamela Stephenson promises to turn up the raunch for Strictly Come Dancing's final

‘Oh aye,’ replied Billy. ‘Good lad.’

As he started snoring, I allowed myself to bask in a surge of pride and relief, remembering that last night the judges gave me and my adorable professional partner James Jordan four tens. This was followed by a fit of anxiety at the thought of having to do it all again.

On Strictly, there’s no such thing as a day off. Today, a couple of hours filming at the BBC’s TV Centre in West London was followed by an intense training session, with James in his usual bullish frame of mind.

‘Don’t think,’ he started, ‘that just because you did well last night I’m going to go easy on you this week!’

As if. For the next several hours, ‘Supergran’, as James has taken to calling me, was tortured with relentless teasing about my apparent inability to take three spinning steps to the left and remain on balance.

I don’t know why, but my legs feel like jelly. Oh wait, maybe it has something to do with the fact I just danced the paso doble, the quickstep and a swing marathon (the latter involving four flips over James’s head, two splits jumps, a couple of swings through his legs to a standing position and several other assorted leaps) on live TV watched by 14 million people. Not bad for a 61-year-old, eh?

Saucy: Pamela Stephenson has lost two-and-a-half stone since she started training for Strictly Come Dancing

Saucy: Pamela Stephenson has lost two-and-a-half stone since she started training for Strictly Come Dancing.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1339701/Pamela-Stephenson-writes-week-Strictly-Come-Dancing.html#ixzz18RaDdaRp

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment